By María Mercedes Andrade
Read Online or Download Ambivalent Desires: Representations of Modernity and Private Life in Colombia (1890s-1950s) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
What's experimental literature? How has experimentation affected the process literary heritage, and the way is it shaping literary expression this present day? Literary test has continuously been varied and demanding, yet by no means extra so than in our age of electronic media and social networking, whilst the very type of the literary is coming less than severe strain.
"First released in 1997, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
This learn introduces a real, provocative spiritual vocabulary into the discourse on Modernist paintings and literature. Mulman seems to be at key texts and figures of the trendy interval, together with Henry Roth, Amedeo Modigliani, James Joyce, and paintings Spiegelman, revealing an important engagement with the rituals of Jewish observance and the constitution of Talmudic interpretation.
Starting with a refined and persuasive research of the cultural context, Farebrother examines college in modernist and Harlem Renaissance figurative paintings and reveals the university sensibility attendant in Franz Boas's anthropology. This process makes particular the formal offerings of Harlem Renaissance writers by means of studying them in gentle of African American vernacular tradition and early twentieth-century discourses of anthropology, cultural nationalism and overseas modernism.
- The Cambridge Introduction to Modernist Poetry (Cambridge Introductions to Literature)
- Death, Men, and Modernism: Trauma and Narrative in British Fiction from Hardy to Woolf (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- Modernist Commitments: Ethics, Politics, and Transnational Modernism (Modernist Latitudes)
- Poetic Modernism in the Culture of Mass Print (Hopkins Studies in Modernism)
- Alternative Kinships: Economy and Family in Russian Modernism
Extra resources for Ambivalent Desires: Representations of Modernity and Private Life in Colombia (1890s-1950s)