By Susan Pickard
"With nice rigour, but an enviable lightness of contact, Susan Pickard has written an enticing and available ebook that scholars will love."
- Rosaline Gill, urban collage London
"A scholarly journey de strength that brings into concentration some of the disciplines, histories, literatures and knowledges that experience reworked us into sleek topics of age."
- Stephen Katz, Trent University
Age Studies takes an invigorating method of the study of age and ageing in modern society. Encompassing getting old during the lifestyles direction, taking in adolescence, formative years, mid-life and older age, and located explicitly inside a sociological disciplinary framework, Age Studies:
- Explores present social technological know-how debates at the examine of getting older linking those to center sociological concepts.
- Links thought and alertness, utilizing various examples and foreign case studies
- Includes bankruptcy summaries, additional examining and guided questions.
A thought-provoking better half to complicated undergraduates and postgraduate scholar learning aging, older humans, social gerontology and similar courses.
Read Online or Download Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course PDF
Similar gerontology books
The transforming into have to advertise the well-being and serve as of getting older employees offers new demanding situations in addition to new possibilities. This e-book learn tools for diagnosing and comparing paintings ability/employability in accordance with the altering ability of employment. Derived from a convention on getting older and paintings, held in Japan in September 2001, the booklet examines matters addressed via occupational wellbeing and fitness pros to enhance the paintings skill of aged staff, and discusses measures to advertise their employment.
Dwelling via Loss is the 1st ebook to spot the numerous ways that humans adventure loss over the process existence and to debate the interventions optimum at each one level of existence. The authors' start line is that loss is available in many types
During this thought-provoking e-book, pros within the box of getting older learn the historical past and proposal of the existence assessment. The lifestyles review--a concept concerning the nature of the existence cycle first awarded in 1962--has develop into a starting place for application improvement with the aged. This specific research of the existence evaluate is going past the early formula either in conception and perform.
Extra people than ever prior to are able to reshape the chaos of our lives and planet, to alter what getting older capability whereas reworking our lives and our global. The outdated tale of getting older now not applies - if it ever did. we have now extra to offer, no longer much less, with each one new 12 months. Why deny age after we can go beyond it?
- Learning to Be Old: Gender, Culture, and Aging
- The Australian Dream: Housing Experiences of Older Australians
- Die Reform des schwedischen Rentensystems - Ausweg aus der Frühverrentung? (German Edition)
- Community Care for an Aging Society: Issues, Policies, and Services (Springer Series on Lifestyles and Issues in Aging)
- Living With Dying: A Handbook for End-of-Life Healthcare Practitioners (End of Life Care: A Series)
Additional info for Age Studies: A Sociological Examination of How We Age and are Aged through the Life Course