By Gregory Castle
Read or Download A History of the Modernist Novel PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
What's experimental literature? How has experimentation affected the process literary background, and the way is it shaping literary expression this present day? Literary scan has regularly been assorted and demanding, yet by no means extra so than in our age of electronic media and social networking, while the very classification of the literary is coming lower than excessive strain.
"First released in 1997, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
This research introduces a real, provocative spiritual vocabulary into the discourse on Modernist artwork and literature. Mulman seems at key texts and figures of the fashionable interval, together with Henry Roth, Amedeo Modigliani, James Joyce, and paintings Spiegelman, revealing an important engagement with the rituals of Jewish observance and the constitution of Talmudic interpretation.
Starting with a sophisticated and persuasive research of the cultural context, Farebrother examines college in modernist and Harlem Renaissance figurative paintings and reveals the university sensibility attendant in Franz Boas's anthropology. This technique makes particular the formal offerings of Harlem Renaissance writers by way of interpreting them in mild of African American vernacular tradition and early twentieth-century discourses of anthropology, cultural nationalism and overseas modernism.
- On Modern Poetry: From Theory to Total Criticism
- Bodies of Modernism: Physical Disability in Transatlantic Modernist Literature (Corporealities: Discourses Of Disability)
- Some of These Days: Black Stars, Jazz Aesthetics, and Modernist Culture
- Aphrodite's Daughters: Three Modernist Poets of the Harlem Renaissance
- Striking Their Modern Pose,: Fashion, Gender, and Modernity in Galdós, Pardo Bazán, and Picón (Purdue studies in romance literatures)
- "Elizabeth Robins Pennell, Nineteenth-Century Pioneer of Modern Art Criticism "
Extra info for A History of the Modernist Novel