By David E. Chinitz,Gail McDonald
Offering a entire and up to date survey of the sector, A significant other to Modernist Poetry presents readers with particular discussions of person poets, ‘schools’ and ‘movements’ inside modernist poetry, and the cultural and old context of the modernist period.
- Provides an in-depth and available precis of the most recent tendencies within the learn of modernist poetry
- Balances dialogue of person poets, ‘schools’, and ‘movements’ with in-depth literary and ancient context
- Brings contemporary scholarship to endure near to modernist poetry whereas additionally delivering tips on poets who're traditionally important
- Edited through hugely revered and awesome critics within the box who've a wide wisdom of present debates and of emerging and senior students within the field
Read or Download A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
What's experimental literature? How has experimentation affected the process literary heritage, and the way is it shaping literary expression this day? Literary test has regularly been various and hard, yet by no means extra so than in our age of electronic media and social networking, while the very type of the literary is coming below severe strain.
"First released in 1997, Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa corporation. "
This research introduces a real, provocative non secular vocabulary into the discourse on Modernist artwork and literature. Mulman appears at key texts and figures of the trendy interval, together with Henry Roth, Amedeo Modigliani, James Joyce, and paintings Spiegelman, revealing an important engagement with the rituals of Jewish observance and the constitution of Talmudic interpretation.
Starting with a sophisticated and persuasive research of the cultural context, Farebrother examines university in modernist and Harlem Renaissance figurative paintings and finds the university sensibility attendant in Franz Boas's anthropology. This method makes particular the formal offerings of Harlem Renaissance writers through reading them in mild of African American vernacular tradition and early twentieth-century discourses of anthropology, cultural nationalism and overseas modernism.
- Virginia Woolf in the Age of Mechanical Reproduction (Border Crossings)
- Marcel Proust (Henry McBride Series in Modernism and Modernity)
- One Toss of the Dice: The Incredible Story of How a Poem Made Us Modern
- Modernist Melancholia: Freud, Conrad and Ford
- The Word on the Streets: The American Language of Vernacular Modernism
- The Lyrical in Epic Time: Modern Chinese Intellectuals and Artists Through the 1949 Crisis
Additional resources for A Companion to Modernist Poetry (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)